Pest Control San Antonio: A Comprehensive Guide on Fleas
Every other household has to spend a portion of their house budget’s resources on pests every day; you get to encounter them everywhere like in beds, carpets, rugs and your garden. Many different pesticides are available in for some common pests invading your house. When not being properly controlled these pests can cause huge damage to your house, garden, bedrooms, etc. Contact us @
They leave different impacts on the place they feed on; they tend to spread disease which could be harmful to your health, so the very initial thing that you can do to prevent this is by consuming more fruits and vegetables to develop immunity and by destroying the houses of these pests.
There are two main types of pest control measurements: natural control and chemical control. Natural biological and purely organic materials are used to remove the infestation, it does not completely remove the infestation, but it somehow manages to reduce it. The other is chemical control in which uses effective chemical pesticides for the reduction and removal of pesticides. The choice is completely yours, you can use either of them, but the extent of damage should also be taken into account while choosing for the correct measurement. Both these methods come with their own advantages and disadvantages. Therefore it is very important to do clear research while choosing the suitable option. Chemical pest controls are generally more effective and efficient than the natural one.
Methods of Chemical Control
These methods are more commonly used for agricultural setups and sometimes used for household setups for controlling the massive damaged done by the pests. This method upon application provides some very harsh pesticides which make it stronger and effective to remove the pests instantly. It can be used in both ways either systematically or through aerial spraying. The systematic application targets the specific areas being affected by pests whereas the aerial spraying method covers the entire area or crops. Although it helps in overcoming the damage done by pesticides both agricultural and households, it does comes with many harmful side effects. The chemical substances have residual effects on any living organism living close to the targeted area. Therefore it is advised to use these chemicals with many precautions and also contamination of waterways should also be prevented as it would lead to a death of pets and livestock.
Advantages and disadvantages of chemical pest control methods.
Advantages Of Chemical Flea Control
• They are cheaper to buy and readily available
• They are easy to use
• Results can be seen just after the first application
Disadvantages of Chemical Flea Control
• It has highly chemical compound which while removing the pesticides also tend to damage the good organisms of your crops
• They release harmful toxins which are dangerous for the environment
• Human exposure can be very harmful to health
• People with weak immune system like children and elderly tend to catch more detrimental effects from this method
• The results are short term, constant reapplications are required for the prevention of damage
Fleas the great Pest
There are many different pests that you might have encountered in your house or garden; some of them are visible to the naked eye while some are not. The most common of which are Fleas. Fleas are small parasites which survive by sucking the blood of their host usually mammals, birds and humans. They vary from size to size; their adult is almost 3 mm long and is brown in color. They have a flat body sideways which helps them in moving through the body of their host. They have strong claws which prevent them from getting dislodged. They don’t have wings, so they crawl, and they have mouth organs adapted for piercing into the skin of their host for sucking blood they can also jump with their hind legs.
The results of flea bite
The flea bites leave red spots which are surrounded by red colored corona. These spots are very itchy and cause discomfort. For humans, their most desired blood sucking parts are feet and legs, but for animals, they infest their complete body. Usually, the wildlife animals carry these pests. Fleas have the ability to migrate from one place to another with the help of their host, so if the wildlife animal gets in contact or closer to another animal or human, it jumps into the other host’s body. These pests cause severe skin irritation and itchiness. It can also cause allergies to medicines or even lead to ingrown hair.
Their saliva is quite detrimental in some cases it can cause massive allergies like FAD, more scratching due to increased itchiness can cause hair loss and many other infections. In worse cases, it can cause the skin to thicken and sores to appear.
Treatment for flea bite
• Once you have encountered the outcomes mentioned above or symptoms in your pet, you need to consult a veterinary surgeon as soon as possible
• If you think your pet is behind this, then you need to start bathing your pet withy specially formulate bathing wash. This could help to remove and prevent the flea from infesting. If this fails, your veterinary might suggest you take your pet for further treatment like steroids application and antihistamines.
• Cold water should be put on the red spotted are, warm water can aggravate the itchiness
• If you yourself are the victim of the flea bite, first wash the surface and then apply an antiseptic for prevention and then rub some ice to control the itchiness. Scratching the surface will only make it worse, it can cause many allergies in extreme cases. A pharmacist or in extreme case a skin specialist can be consulted to prescribe the correct treatment plan. A lotion can be applied, or details related to using of antihistamines by your pharmacist can be proved effective. If you see some puss coming out of your bite than you immediately need to consult a doctor or a skin specialist.
All this can be prevented through an early adoption of pest control methods. You can call the experts for further details.
Find more information @ Jenkins pest Control